Devon Randall - Arts District Brewing Co
On this episode, the team got a chance to check out Arts District Brewing Co., and catch up with Devon Randall, head brewer.
Devon is the award-winning head brewer of Arts District Brewery Co., a new project from the craft cocktail masterminds at 213 Hospitality and Brian Lenzo of Hollywood's Blue Palms Brewhouse.
She came up in San Diego craft beer which is the 'Mecca of craft brewing' and spent five years with two of the top breweries in SD: Lost Abbey and Pizza Port.
She has a degree in Mass Communication from UC Berkeley and before diving into brewing beer, she worked at Prudential along with her mother, who is currently an active real estate agent.
Ryan and Devon discuss:
- Great American Beer Festival in Denver
- World Beer Cup in Nashville
- Her experience on a 36-day sail from South Africa to the Caribbean
- Seeking & Doing things she loved to find her career in brewing
- Her advocacy of supporting women especially in brewing
- Going to School in Berkeley
- Girl in a boys world
- How to make beer, exactly?
- Plans for the Next year
- How to cope with expansion of craft brewing
- Where the craft brewing industry is headed, at least in LA